GCC 3.4 and broken inlining.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 06:49:28 EST

Hi.

gcc 3.4, I upgraded my compiler to 3.4.1-0.1mdk. I've found that the
restore_processor_context, defined as follows:

static inline void restore_processor_context(void)

doesn't get inlined. GCC doesn't complain when compiling the file, and
so far as I can see, there's no reason for it not to inline the routine.
But that leaves me confused because some other inlined functions do seem
to get inlined. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Regards,

Nigel