Re: soft deadlock in blk_congestion_wait (2.6.7)

From: Nuno Ferreira
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 08:25:07 EST

On Qui, 2004-07-08 at 11:31 +0200, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> While running LTP tests (more specifically the ftest* testcases) on
> FUSE (http://sourceforge.net/projects/avf), I run into the following
> problem: the process serving the FUSE filesystem requests does some
> debugging write to an ext3 filesystem, and deadlocks in
> blk_congestion_wait:

[...]

> I've seen a very similar report for CIFS here:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=108807439504273&w=2

I reported that bug, and at least for CIFS it was fixed using the patch
mentioned a few mails later on that thread, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=108846032716689&w=2

I can no longer reproduce the problem, but it may be that the patch only
made it harder to trigger.

--
Nuno Ferreira