Re: 2.6.7-mm6

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 02:08:09 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

Please present a self-contained fixed-up init_idle() cleanup for me to
testboot. Even the one in -mm is not so, as it depends on later patches
to even compile.

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 03:09:35PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

The patch I just sent (which is on top of -mm6) should hopefully
work... if you feel like testing a solution that may still get
vetoed by Ingo.
Also, what compile errors are you getting? i386 seems to compile
kernel/ fine with only the first sched- patch applied.

"atop -mm6" is not what I'd call a self-contained patch. I'm relatively
irritated about the approach to (or perhaps even avoidance of) testing
in isolation going on here. I have other things I very urgently need to

I'll take that as a no.

do, and I doubt whatever I get for doing your homework for you will pay
for screwing up public presentations. I have had enough trouble in
general isolating causes of failures, so please prep this properly.

I don't really follow you.

And you still haven't told me what compile errors you are getting.
I don't have an evironment to build or test a sparc64 kernel.