Re: Processes stuck in unkillable D state (now seen in 2.6.7-mm6)

From: Rob Mueller
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 05:14:10 EST

As an update, this machine eventually ended up dieing pretty horribly. When we found it, there were 100's of procs stuck in D state, and our automated "ping" script was reporting all sorts of problems. Anyway we killed off as many processes as possible, and did a sysreq-t before trying to reboot. The soft reboot failed, and a hard reboot was required.

The newly gathered sysreq output has been placed in the files sysreqdmesg3.txt and sysreqmsglog3.txt here:

http://robm.fastmail.fm/kernel/t1/

Rob