strange about copy_from_user

From: Qiuyu Zhang
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 16:39:57 EST

Hi all,
I am working on writing a module driver.

I am trying to use API copy_from_user to copy a bunch of memory from
user space to kernel space. I write a ioctl function to register the
pointer of the memory to kernel. And in the ioctl function I can use
copy_from_user to get the correct data, but the strange thing is that
when I use copy_from_user in other kernel function such as
dev_hard_xmit function , I cannot
get the correct result. I don't konw what the reason is . Thx.