[DVB] tda1004x frontend regression

From: Ian Molton
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 18:27:11 EST

Hi.

Attached is a diff I've made.

I tried the 2.6.7-bk20 driver for the tda1004x frontend on my DVB-T card, only to find out that it failed to work, unlike the 2.6.5 driver which appeared to work well.

I assumed this was due to my firmware being out of date but this was not the case.

I discovered the problem was related to some additions made to the driver, and commenting them out allowed things to work again. Ther is also a dodgy looking alteration to some pointer (fe->data).

In the course of my fiddling, I added support to the firmware list for the latest (2.17d) firmware.

all this is in the attached diff, and the driver works in this modified state for me.