Re: post 2.6.7 BK change breaks Java?

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 19:58:23 EST

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Jesper Juhl wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Grzegorz Kulewski wrote:

> > > Ok, got them all 3 backed out of 2.6.7-mm7 , but that doesn't change a
> > > thing. The JVM still dies when I try to run eclipse.
> >
> > I can run Eclipse without any problems on 2.6.7-bk20-ck5 + few other not
> > related patches. Maybe try using non -mm? Try 2.6.7-bk20 and then try
> > reverting some patches. Maybe there is some other problem in -mm that
> > gives similar results?
> >

> with plain 2.6.7-bk20 I see the issue, same with 2.6.7-mm7. Reverting
> http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/cset@xxxxxx from -mm7 fixes the
> issue. I'm currently building 2.6.7-bk20 minus that cset and I'll report
> back on the results of that in a few minutes.

2.6.7-bk20 minus the cset works.

Testing with 2.6.8-rc1 and backing out one or both of the changes in the
cset I get these results :
2.6.8-rc1 - vanilla - breaks Java
2.6.8-rc1-jju1 - both changes backed out - works
2.6.8-rc1-jju2 - only first change (sys_rt_sigsuspend) applied - works
2.6.8-rc1-jju3 - only second change (sys_sigaltstack) applied - breaks Java

--
Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@xxxxxx>