synaptics driver

From: Ari Pollak
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 22:21:58 EST

Hi again. I just wanted to let you know that under 2.6.8-mm1, I'm still experiencing the same synaptics-not-being-detected-at-system-startup bug that happens with the newer input patches since earlier -mm kernels. Sometimes my synaptics touchpad will get detected correctly (generally after a cold reboot) and both my trackpoint & touchpad will work properly, but other times (after warm reboot usually) the trackpoint won't work, and the Synaptics X driver won't enable the extra touchpad features. Removing & reloading the psmouse module after the system has booted fixes the problem. With the more recent kernels, this seems to happen even if psmouse is loaded before all the USB controller modules.