Re: Ext3 File System "Too many files" with snort

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 07:14:17 EST

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:57:25 -0700, Hans Reiser <reiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> [...]
> > Lindows does it right.
>
> I dunno how Lindows manage the release process,
> but as I already wrote in a different thread, I don't unserstand why
> the linux kernel release process can't be supported by a suite of test
> that has to be passed before being released a new -rc or final
> version.
>
> It seems there are now the all the tools we need but we are note using
> them to manage the releases.
>
> I'm referring to LTP, compile stats and regression test from OSDL.

Just wanted to add my 0.02euro - To me it sounds like a good idea to have
a testsuite with "must pass these" tests that official kernel releases get
tested against.. maybe just the final -rc's before a new stable release.
What should be in the test suite and how it should be
maintained/updated will of course be a matter of debate, but
the basic idea that if release candidates doesn't pass the basic test
suite, then another release candidate must surface sounds very sane to me.

--
Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@xxxxxx>