Re: [2.4 patch] NET_IPIP help: remove no longer available URL

From: Ray Lee
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 10:09:45 EST

<nod> Good point, but trivially solved: http://tinyurl.com/5sm9w

> Besides this, it's nearly 8 years old and therefore not in any respect
> up-to-date

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's out of date. Have you read the
webpage in question? The majority of the page simply explains what
mobile-IP *is* on a primer level, and how it might be used. That hasn't
changed.

> (and if it's only in a web archive, it will never be updated).

That's a half-empty worldview. You should be saying "Yay! Since it's on
the wayback machine, the URL will always be good!"

If this is really a problem, we could create a WikiPedia entry for it.
However, the page is on the level of a long dictionary definition or an
encyclopedia entry, and so it's not much more out of date than most
RFCs, for example.

Ray