v2.6 IGMPv3 implementation

From: Charles R. Anderson
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 15:34:52 EST

Please Cc any replies directly to my address, since I am not
subscribed. Thanks.

I'm taking a look at the IGMPv3 implementation that was integrated
into the 2.6 kernel (2.6.7 specifically). In the past there have been
patches floating around that implemented the IGMPv3 stack, and these
provided some new IOCTLs:

/* Multicast source filter calls */
#define SIOCSIPMSFILTER 0x89a0 /* set mcast src filter (ipv4) */
#define SIOCGIPMSFILTER 0x89a1 /* get mcast src filter (ipv4) */
#define SIOCSMSFILTER 0x89a2 /* set mcast src filter (proto indep) */
#define SIOCGMSFILTER 0x89a3 /* get mcast src filter (proto indep) */

These do not appear in the Linus kernel, though. Does anyone know the
status of these ioctls and the IGMPv3 implementation in general? I'm
trying to get the proper bits stuffed into glibc to make IGMPv3/SSM
usable, and I'm not sure what to do about these ioctls. Should 4 new
ioctl numbers be reserved for these in case an implementation is
integrated, or should I just leave them out of glibc headers entirely?

Thanks.