Re: question about ramdisk

From: lya755
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 10:07:19 EST

Hello,

I am now thinking of a way to verify what H. Peter Anvin says about the
ramdisk, so that I can watch what is going on when the executable is running.
Is there any way to achieve that besides kernel debugging? I don't really want
to debug the kernel for now.

Can I get the physical address of the text section with it's virtual address?
If I can know the physical address of the code in ramdisk and can know the
physical address of the text section of process address space, maybe this can
be done.

Any suggestions?

Lei

Quoting Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Sorry, wrong book, s/Programming/Development/.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
/0672325128/ref=pd_sim_books_2/002-8634838-0327232?v=glance&s=books