Re: ACPI hang on Compaq 2199US laptop with kernel 2.6.7

From: Robert W. Fuller
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 11:21:05 EST

Hmm. No reply. Am I not asking for help in the right place?

Robert W. Fuller wrote:
If I have ACPI configured for the 2.6.7 kernel, boot hangs after the message "ACPI: IRQ9 SCI: Level Trigger." If I configure the 2.6.7 kernel without ACPI, everything is fine.

I would like to have ACPI because my laptop does not have APM. The laptop model is a Compaq Presario 2199US.