Re: gettimeofday nanoseconds patch (makes it possible for theposix-timer functions to return higher accuracy)

From: David Mosberger
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 20:28:50 EST

>>>>> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:48:06 -0700, john stultz <johnstul@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

John> Although you still have the issue w/ NTP adjustments being
John> ignored, but last time I looked at the time_interpolator code,
John> it seemed it was being ignored there too, so at least your not
John> doing worse then the ia64 do_gettimeofday(). [If I'm doing the
John> time_interpolator code a great injustice with the above,
John> someone please correct me]

The existing time-interpolator code for ia64 never lets time go
backwards (in the absence of a settimeofday(), of course). There is
no need to special-case NTP.

With Christoph's changes, NTP is an issue again, however.

--david