Re: [LTP] LTP Results - July 15, 2004

From: Bryce Harrington
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 17:28:57 EST

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Paul Larson wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 22:42, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > (Sorry, this time _with_ a subject line)
> >
> > LTP version LTP-20040506:
> >
> > Patch Name TestReq# CPU PASS FAIL WARN BROK RunTime
> > 2.6.7-mm7 294831 2-way 7184 45 3 6 44.0
> These are clearly not valid failures. How are you running ltp? Any
> chance you are running out of disk space in /tmp?

Daniel McNeil and Mark Haverkamp investigated it and found it to be a
valid failure:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/7/12/227

We were able to reliably recreate it both in and out of the STP
framework, on a variety of systems, with both the May and July versions
of LTP. We were able to trace it to a specific patch that was
introduced via 2.6.7-mm1 and that began affecting the bk tree as of
2.6.7-bk-11 a week later.

Further, I've just learned that Daniel has developed a patch which fixes
this issue:

http://www.osdl.org/plm-cgi/plm?module=patch_info&patch_id=3168

Here is the test result showing in the test framework demonstrating
that the patch fixes the issue:

Summary of Test Results Total Tests Executed: 7242
Number Tests Passed: 7230
Number Tests Failed: 3
Number Tests Warnings: 3
Number Tests Broken: 6