Re: Ext3 File System "Too many files" with snort

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 02:23:20 EST

Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:

I don't unserstand why
the linux kernel release process can't be supported by a suite of test
that has to be passed before being released a new -rc or final
version.

It seems there are now the all the tools we need but we are note using
them to manage the releases.

I'm referring to LTP, compile stats and regression test from OSDL.

Ciao,
Paolo

I agree with you wholeheartedly, and Namesys does in fact run FS related regression tests before sending its changes in. I wish others would do the same for their changes.