Re: User-space Keyboard input?

From: Mario Lang
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 01:11:18 EST

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> About modifiers, I submitted a patch to Dave to handle them
> properly.
>
> But ascii to scancode translation still depends on scancode to ascii
> translation performed by the kernel indeed and the question still
> applies. I'll have a look at uinput.

uinput support is now committed to scr_linux.c. I am using the exernal
keyboard of my bluetooth capable braille display to type this email already
via uinput :-). The same layout is used as is configured on the box.
Our generic AT2 support maps to VAL_PASSKEY commands and
the AT2 support for Linux maps the AT2 scancode set to what Linux internally
uses for scancodes (a sort of XT scancode set, but not really).

--
CYa,
Mario