Re: RFC: [2.6 patch] remove UMSDOS

From: mnalis
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 13:27:32 EST

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 12:17:32PM -0600, Jeff Woods wrote:
> At 7/11/2004 01:28 PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >UMSDOS in 2.6 is broken, and it seems no one needs it enough to bother
> >fixing it.

Just to notify anybody interested that I have started working on fixing
UMSDOS support for 2.6 kernels (as there still seems to be some people
wanting it).

Patch that enables UMSDOS to compile and insmod is available at
http://linux.voyager.hr/umsdos/
It still doesn't work (triggers kernel BUG() after few write ops),
but I'll post another announcements when I get it in working condition.

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.