Re: 2.6.8-rc2 crash(s)?

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 08:44:08 EST

On Sunday 25 July 2004 02:09, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
>On Sunday 25 July 2004 07:12, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >Not much... at least you can look up that EIP in System.map.
>> >Also, do you really need all that sound stuff?
>>
>> It seems to all come in with the main driver for the ALC650. And
>> it works pretty good once i got it figured out. Everything but
>> the bt878 audio, which is so far down the s/s+n isn't more than 30
>> db.
>
>I meant "do not use it and see whether that helps".
>
>> c0164376 isn't a label, but its in between these two in the
>> System.map c0164340 t prune_dcache
>> c0164500 T shrink_dcache_sb
>>
>> But thats all I can deduce from here.
>
>Of course, it points _inside_ prune_dcache(), not at the very
>first instruction of it.

>objdump -d <file containing prune_dcache>.o >file.objdump

Humm, maybe I missunderstand you:
[root@coyote linux-2.6.8-rc2-nf2]# objdump -d
</boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-rc2-nf2>.o >file.objdump
objdump: a.out: No such file or directory

So I grepped to locate dcache.o (its in the fs subdir) but its still
an error:
[root@coyote fs]# objdump -d <dcache.o >file.objdump
objdump: a.out: No such file or directory
and it (dcache.o) does exist. What am I doing wrong?

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.