Re: [patch] kernel events layer

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 01:12:13 EST

"Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky" <inaky.perez-gonzalez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you guys are up to it, I volunteer to write/port such a tool to scan
> out the send_kevent{_atomic,}()s and make a catalog out of it.

I must say that my gut feeling here is that bolting an arbitrary new
namespace into the kernel in this manner is not the way to proceed.

I hope we'll hear more from Greg on this next week - see if we can come up
with some way to use the kobject/sysfs namespace for this.

Although heaven knows how "tmpfs just ran out of space" would map onto
kobject/sysfs.