Re: LTT user input

From: Tim Bird
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 18:49:01 EST

Karim Yaghmour wrote:
Plus, I've run into a ton of people who have told me that this type of
tool is essential for their day-to-day work. I will stop short of
covering actual names, but you should hear about such things in the near
future.

Sony has used LTT in the past, and we plan to use it for a few more
development projects underway currently. It would be nice if we
didn't have to wait for all the pieces to fall together for each
new kernel release (arch support, trace point patches, desired
sub-system stability). Having seen LTT used for a number of years,
I'd have to agree with Karim's assessment that it would probably
be "neater" today if so much time hadn't been spent over the
years wrangling it into the kernel.