Re: [Patch] Per kthread freezer flags

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 11:43:00 EST

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 22:11 +1000, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 20:02, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> > > It doesn't look like I've touched any of those threads. I have doubts
> > > about irqd/0 (is that kirqd reworked?), so you might try making setting
> > > PF_NOFREEZE and seeing if it makes a difference. I haven't done the
> > > switch to rc2-mm1 yet, so haven't gotten to those issues.
> >
> > kirqd is voluntary-preempt patch by Ingo Molnar. I have also applied
> > several other patches, like Con's Staircase scheduler policy and some
> > latency fixes.
>
> Okay. So, just to make sure I understand you correctly, suspending works
> fine with all of these other patches added and adding the extra
> refrigerator calls breaks it. Are you at all able to narrow it down to a
> particular change?

Exactly! I'm currently running a highly patched kernel based on 2.6.8-
rc2-bk7 plus Con's work and Ingo's voluntary preempt. They work fine
when suspending to memory (S3) and to disk (S4 via swsusp), but adding
your kthread freezer flags to the mix keeps my CardBus NIC from being
recognized when resuming from S3: I need to unplug it, then plug it to
make it functional again.

However, I'm not sure what causes this behavior.