OK, anybody have any hints and tips to get an MFM drive working again?

From: Rogier Wolff
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 15:16:36 EST

Hi,

We need to recover some data off an old MFM drive. We've got a bunch
of those cards, we've got a bunch of drives to experment with, but
once we get things working we'll recover some 2x20Mb of data off two
20Mb drives....

We've tried the modern IDE driver, and the 2.4.20 one, and the "old
hd only" driver.

Going "retro": Compiling 2.0.39 gives me: "bus error" while doing
make dep.

I THINK we have a couple of those cards that don't have any
interrupts. Would Linux be able to work with those?

Yes, we pass "hda=615,4,17" to the IDE driver.

Any suggestions of things to try?

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **