Re: 2.6.8-rc2-mm1: DVB: "errno" undefined

From: Kenneth Aafløy
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 18:16:49 EST

On Thursday 29 July 2004 23:27, you wrote:
> I'm getting the following errors when trying to compile 2.6.8-rc2-mm1 as
> modular as possible (using gcc 2.95):
[snip]
> *** Warning: "errno" [drivers/media/dvb/frontends/tda1004x.ko] undefined!
> *** Warning: "errno" [drivers/media/dvb/frontends/sp887x.ko] undefined!
> *** Warning: "errno" [drivers/media/dvb/frontends/alps_tdlb7.ko] undefined!
[snip]

This is still not fixed because we (linuxtv.org) have not submitted the
changes necessary following this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=108344912617115&w=2

This is about firmware loading in those modules, and we are working on
converting those modules to i2c_kernel to take advantage of firmware_class.

Could the offending modules be marked as broken or something untill
linuxtv-dvb can test and submit the dvb frontend updates, which should be
sometime soon, but probably not in time for 2.6.8?

Kenneth