2.6.7-ck6

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 20:51:29 EST

Patchset update:

http://kernel.kolivas.org

These are patches designed to improve system responsiveness with specific emphasis on the desktop, but suitable/configurable to any workload. Read details and FAQ on my web page or feel free to email my mailing list with queries.

This version is a recommended performance and bugfix update for those already running ck5. It does not include any of the newer latency hacks etc in 2.6.8-rc* as this version (2.6.7-ck6) is to retain the stability already present in -ck5.

Added:
-cfq1.fix
-cfq2.fix
-cfq3.fix
-crq-fixes.diff
cfq io scheduler bugfixes
-hard_swappiness.diff
Make swappiness simpler and a hard limit

Updated:
-from_2.6.7_to_staircase7.E
Cpu scheduler policy rewrite updated with micro-optimisations and one bugfix which ensures new tasks wake up in the "foreground".
-schedbatch2.4.diff
Idle scheduling now supports cpu distribution between batch tasks according to nice and is safe with I/O and held semaphores.
-schediso2.4.diff
resync

Deleted:
-autoswap.diff
-vm_autoregulate2.diff
not necessary with hard swappiness

Complete list:
-from_2.6.7_to_staircase7.E
-schedrange.diff
-schedbatch2.4.diff
-schediso2.4.diff
-hard_swappiness.diff
-supermount-ng204.diff
-defaultcfq.diff
-config_hz.diff
-cfq1.fix
-cfq2.fix
-cfq3.fix
-cfq-bad-allocation2.fix
-crq-fixes.diff
-1100_ip_tables.patch
-1105_CAN-2004-0497.patch
-1110_proc.patch
-bootsplash-3.1.4-sp3-2.6.7.diff
-ck6version.diff

As always, please feel free to send comments, queries, suggestions, patches.

Cheers,
Con