kernel problems, crc32c

From: MA
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 21:04:59 EST

Hello

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, I compiled my own
kernel, nothing fancy, mostly default stuff + some additional device
drivers but after trying to load the kernel I end up with the
following error

Failed to load transform for crc32c

Testing hmac_md5

Test 1:
9294727a3638bb1c13f48ef8158bfc9d
Pass

Test 2:
750c783e6ab0b503eaa86e310a5db738
Pass

Test 3:
56be34521d144c88dbb8c733f0e8b3f6
Pass

Test 4:
697eaf0aca3a3aea3a75164746ffaa79
Pass

Test 5:
56461ef2342edc00f9bab995690efd4c
Pass

Test 6:
6b1ab7fe4db7bf8f0b62ebce61b9d0cd
Pass

Test 7:
6f630fad67cda0ee1fb1f562db63aa53e
Pass

AT THIS POINT IT HANGS

This is redhat enterprise 3.0, I was trying a couple 2.6.X serie
kernels and the error was the same each time, I was also trying to
exlcude crc32 options from kernel but it didnt help, I was not able to
find the resolution on google, so here I am asking for help, thanks

--
Sincerely MA