Re: Recent 2.6 kernels can't read an entire ATAPI CD or DVD

From: Robert Love
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 01:31:19 EST

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 08:10 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

> Strange, something else must be accessing the drive at the same time.

Don't see anything.

> If it's just playback, don't bother.

Did not work anyhow.

> So the question is - what else is accessing the drive?

Nothing but the CD player - it is doing CDDB, though, so that is where
the reads are coming from.

It works/fails consistently - for example, I have one CD that never
works and one CD that does, as if the CD is physically damaged. Works
elsewhere, though.

Robert Love