Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc2-L2 PS2 keyboard gone south

From: Shane Shrybman
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 22:59:48 EST

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 20:05, Lee Revell wrote:

> > > Ok, M5 locked up the whole machine within a few seconds of starting X.
> >
> > Me too, with voluntary-preempt=3... It seems I can trigger this randomly
> > by heavily moving the mouse around while logging in into my KDE session.
> >
> > However, with voluntary-preempt=2 I've been unable to lock the machine
> > yet.
>
> It looks like this is a mouse problem, I have a PS/2 keyboard and USB
> mouse and have not had any problems yet with M5.

I have a usb mouse and PS/2 keyboard as well. The mouse kept functioning
and the keyboard didn't, except when the whole machine hung. I am
recompiling M5 from fresh sources to confirm the behaviour there.

Hmm, M5 still no go here. Keyboard and display updates stop working
quickly once in X, although the mouse is able to keep moving. This was
with voluntary-preempt=2 this time.

Shane