Re: drm - first steps towards 64-bit correctness..

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 06:04:21 EST

> > can you explain why u32 would be outlawed? Surely it's trivial to do a
> > typedef for u32 on BSD for drm ??
>
> If there are nice standard types (uint32_t or u_int32_t, can't remember
> which at the moment, I mentioned it in an email some time ago) out there
> already that linux has too, why not use those?

Lets get this bit of the discussion over with :-), the kernel has uint*_t
in it in a few places, this is now a standard type so we will use it, if
someone is going to work on the DRM they'll see the surrounding uint32_t
so they'll know what it looks like and I'll make sure none of the others
sneak in....

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person