Re: MSI K8N Neo + powernow-k8: ACPI info is worse than BIOS PST

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 07:50:12 EST

Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Just to clarify a bit, my patch only uses the 800MHz hardcoded, which
> should work on all AMD64 processors. The max value used is the current
> running value.

No, it won't. It will fail on the new/upcomming CPUs with 1Ghz HyperTransport.
The minimum frequency cannot be lower than the HyperTransport speed.

And for others sometimes laptop batteries are not designed to support
more than 800Mhz.

Overall hardcoding such tables is imho a bad idea, unless you
*really* know what you're doing.

-Andi