Re: 2.6.8-rc2-mm2 with usb and input problems

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 19:13:45 EST

On Monday 02 August 2004 11:28 am, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Andrew, hi list!
>
> I tried 2.6.8-rc2-mm2 and I still don't get it to work properly for me.
> The last kernel which really worked was 2.6.7-mm5. I experience the
> following problems:
>
> - USB deadlocking
> USB is still deadlocky, quite often process hang in D+ state.
> Is there something similar to usb-deadlock.fix which I could
> apply to 2.6.7-mm6, but which stumbles over 2.6.8-rc2-mm2?
>
> - psmouse/synaptics
> If I have usb as module, I cannot get synaptics to be recognized.
> Dmitry recommended making psaux driver as modules, but I cannot
> get it as module, because INPUT is automatically set to y, etc
> How is it possible to have USB modular and still get synaptics
> recognized? (or is a modular USB not necessary for S2R now that
> we have CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND?)

You should be able to compile psmouse as a module:

[root@core dtor]# grep MOUSE_PS2 /misc/arc/dtor/.config
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=m

You need to select it like this:

[*] Mice
<M> PS/2 mouse

and load psmouse.ko after USB has been loaded.

Alternatively you can try patch made by Vojtech to take over USB
system early, even before USB host controller driver is loaded:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=108953563609250&w=2

(use "Download message RAW" link to get the patch).

--
Dmitry