Re: NFS-mounted, read-only /dev unusable in 2.6

From: Frank Steiner
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 01:31:51 EST

Hi Neil,

Neil Brown wrote:

.... It looks like it was *so* recent that I haven't actually
submitted the patch yet :-(

I think someone reported it, I sent them a patch, and never got a
confirmation that it worked (or missed it if I did) so the patch
didn't progres..

Try the following.

it works :-)) Especially, I got my initial console back for the diskless
clients and can again see all the debugging output from my init script,
and that really really helps.

Thanks a lot for that patch!

cu,
Frank