Re: Linux 2.6.8-rc3 - BSD licensing

From: Jari Ruusu
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 07:37:57 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Now, I obviously believe that Jari has acted like an ass, since he has
> used the very same code under the GPL before, but hey, that's his problem.

Linus, are you saying that anyone who refuses to re-license their work under
license of your choice, is an ass? Or just the ones who catch you
re-licencing their work without permission?

> Jari - please stop distributing your loop-aes patches. If you consider the
> license to be non-GPL-compatible, then you have no business distributing
> the thing as kernel patches. Alternatively, just say it's GPL'd. You can't
> have it both ways.

I say that loop-AES is GPL-compatible.

Most of the files in loop-AES are licensed under GPL. Some files have less
restrictive license, but are still licensed under GPL-compatible license.
I am not aware of any files in loop-AES that are GPL-incompatible.

--
Jari Ruusu 1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9 DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD