Re: Linux 2.6.8-rc3

From: szonyi calin
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 17:29:52 EST

--- OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Erik Mouw <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > > iocharset=value
> > > Character set to use for converting between
> 8 bit characters and
> > > 16 bit Unicode characters. The default is
> iso8859-1. Long file-
> > > names are stored on disk in Unicode format.
> > >
> > > the default is iso8859-1. Has this default gone haywire
> somewhere?
> >
> > Yes, it's in the hidden in the ChangeLog. You can find it if
> you know
> > iocharset is the same as nls:
> >
> > Hirofumi Ogawa:
> > o FAT: kill nls default
>
> Or Documentation/filesystems/vfat.txt

kernel says

FAT: codepage or iocharset option didn't specified
File name can not access proper (mounted as read-only)

codepage *is* specified:
my fstab line for mounting the vfat filesystem is:
/dev/hda1 /mnt/dosc vfat
defaults,user,uid=100,gid=100,codepage=437 1 0

So the message is not correct ;-)
specifying iocharset works.

Bye
Calin

--
Yesterday it worked
today isn't working

Vous manquez d?espace pour stocker vos mails ?