Re: Severe I/O performance regression 2.6.6 to 2.6.7 or 2.6.8-rc3

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 19:23:51 EST

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 07:33:19PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> Indeed its nasty, the problem is there is no tagging in the main BK repository
> representing the -bk tree's. It shouldnt be too hard to do something about
> this? I can't think of anything which could help...

It would help me a lot if someone would do something about this.
Distributed development does not require that mainline be
nonreconstructible. I've had serious needs to do this kind of searching
going back to early 2.4.x on several occasions, and nothing is capable
of producing correct results (referring to attempts at cvsps + bkcvs
and other alternatives to this).

-- wli