Re: Severe I/O performance regression 2.6.6 to 2.6.7 or 2.6.8-rc3

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 03:38:01 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

At some point in the past, I wrote:

-r+ -d:KEY: > key-bk$X" when it creates the tarball. Then anyone can
"bk clone -r`cat key-bk7` linux-2.5 linux-2.6-bk7" and duplicate the
-bk7 state of the tree, and then "bk changes -L ../linux-2.6-bk6" to
find the list of changesets differing.

Once we get there, there must be some way to construct intermediate
points between those two faithful at the very least to the snapshot
ordering if not true chronological ordering.

You don't really need chronology for a binary search. With a
list of changesets, just apply/back out half of them. Divide the lot
any way you like, perhaps starting with only the "suspected" ones.

Helge Hafting