Different . and .. directories on ext3 made with x86-64 mke2fs?

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 11:51:50 EST

I have a dual-boot machine with FC1/i386 and FC2/x86-64 installed.
They share /home and /tmp but have different / , /boot , /var , /usr
partitions. Recently I almost filled up my /home but I needed still more
space and mounted my x86-64 partitions under i386 FC1.

This message bothers me when I start mkisofs in a directory that is on
a partition that was mke2fs'd under x86-64 FC2:

Unknown file type (unallocated) ./.. - ignoring and continuing.

The burned ISOs are OK, but what's with this "./.." file?

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi