Re: architectures with their own "config PCMCIA"

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 12:26:33 EST

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 06:10:51PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 07:01:22PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > The following architetures have their own "config PCMCIA" instead of
> > including drivers/pcmcia/Kconfig (in 2.6.8-rc3-mm1):
> > - m68k
> > - s390
> > - sparc
> > - sparc64
> >
> > Is there any good reason for this, or would a patch to change these
> > architectures to include drivers/pcmcia/Kconfig be OK?
>
> What about switching them to use drivers/Kconfig instead?

drivers/Kconfig doesn't source drivers/pcmcia/Kconfig (and m68k
already uses drivers/Kconfig).

But after a second look, I begin to understand a bit more:
Most of the architectures in question even have help text for the PCMCIA
option, but the option itself isn't asked.

IOW: It's impossible to enable them.

Is there eny reason for such options that are never visible nor enabled,
or could they be removed?

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.