Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc2-O3

From: Remon
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 16:46:12 EST

> /dev/psaux is deprecated. Use /dev/input/mice. On Debian, you can do
> this with `dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86'. Otherwise, use your
> distro's X configurator, or edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and replace
> /dev/psaux with /dev/input/mice.

I compiled mouse support statically instead of a module and it worked. But I
will try this also.

However, I still have problems, especially with the mouse. I used my computer
for a while and suddenly the mouse got wild so to say.
It jumped back and forth, starting applications, kinda funny to see actually.

I looked at dmesg, and it gave messages like:
Lost sync of mouse, throwing away 1 (and also 2 / 3) bytes.
I couldn't find the IRQ thread which is used by the mouse, but after disabling
all of them it worked as normal, making IRQ threaded again made the mouse go
north/south/west/east again.

I was only getting xruns, using 0.3 ms latency with my sound application when
using the mouse, otherwise ALSA remained silent (not long tested due mouse
problems)

Thanks,

Remon