Re: -mm swsusp: do not default to platform/firmware

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 12:15:06 EST

Hi!

> > -mm swsusp now defaults to platform/firmware suspend... That's
> > certainly unexpected, changes behaviour from previous version, and
> > only works on one of three machines I have here. I'd like the default
> > to be changed back. Please apply,
>
> I'd rather leave it, and put pressure on the platform implementations to
> be made to work. If you want to shutdown, then specify it on the command
> line before you suspend (or add it to the suspend script).

I'm afraid that we'll get big storm of complains "swsusp does not
work after merge from -mm tree", "switch to shutdown method", "oh, it
works now". I assume it works in less than 30% of cases... it really
should not be default.

Oh and "firmware" suspend should never ever be autoselected -- it
needs completely different suspend partition layout which is
mainboard-specific....
Pavel