Re: Suspend/Resume support for ati-agp

From: Dave Jones
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 07:01:53 EST

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 03:39:33AM +0200, Sven-Haegar Koch wrote:

> while trying to debug a strange resume problem with 2.6.8-rc3-mm1 and
> software suspend 2 I suspeced ati-agp, and created the following attached
> patch to add powermanagement support for it.
>
> I don't know if it's the completely right thing to do, I just copied the
> way via-agp and intel-agp do it - but perhaps you like it and want to send
> it upstream.

I'll have to dig out the specs for this chipset to double check a
reconfigure is enough (or even needed). Does this patch definitly make
a difference to you on resume ?

> ps:
> this did not fix the strange "weird vertical bars instead of movie in
> mplayer after resume" I have, but does not do any bad things either ;)

That wouldn't be using AGP anyway. The only difference this could make
would be if you were using 3D applications.

> +
> + /* reconfigure AGP hardware again */
> + if (bridge->driver == &ati_generic_bridge)
> + return ati_configure();
> +
> + return 0;

If bridge->driver _isn't_ ati_generic_bridge, I don't think we can
ever get here, so you can probably just make this unconditional.

Dave