Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Jesse Stockall
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 07:26:39 EST

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 06:13, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> You should learn what "make sense" means, Linux-2.6 is a clear move away from
> the demands of a Linux user who likes to write CDs/DVDs.

Hmmm, as a Linux user who had been fighting with scsi emulation and
cdecord --scanbus for years, being able to use dev=/dev/hda is so much
easier and so much more in tune with the way the rest of Linux works.

If you don't believe me, spend some time on irc channels like #gentoo or
#debian where people like me (and many others) give support to Linux and
cdrecord users from all over the world.

Jesse

--
Jesse Stockall <stockall@xxxxxxxx>