Re: no input with kernel 2.6.8-rc3-mm1 and X

From: Micha Feigin
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 08:22:31 EST

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:47:47PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Micha Feigin <michf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > With kernel 2.6.8-rc3-mm1 I lose input completely the moment I start
> > X. Keyboard is completely non-functional (include sysrq and num/ctrl
> > lock) and the touchpad also doesn't seem to produce anything.
> >
> > The computer is otherwise functional and I can ssh in from another
> > machine and chvt to the console where I get the keyboard back. chvt
> > back to X kills input again.
>
> What interface is the keyboard using? PS/2? USB?

Its laptop built-in keyboard so I am not completely sure , but I
believe it is a ps/2.

> Does the mouse work? What interface is the mouse using?

The mouse is dead also. It is an alps touchpad using ps/2 interface
using the synaptics driver (along with the patch to support alps, but
also tried without it and didn't change behaviour). Didn't try an
external mouse (I don't use one regularly).

> If you can, try reverting bk-input.patch and see if that fixes it up. Or
> bk-usb if you're using a USB keyboard.

I backed out bk-input.patch and now things function properly, Thanks.