Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 08:49:39 EST

>From: Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw@xxxxxxxxxx>

>Understand this: _nobody_ expects you to know everything about 25 different
>OS's, the only thing that can be expected is that you simply listen to the
>different parties knowing the different platforms and _take their advice_,
>really not more.

While this works for most if not all OS, it does not work for Linux.

For Linux, the percentage of things that are reported incorrect to me is higher
than 80%, so I need to use my own extertise. If I would not, cdrecord would be
unusable.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin