Re: Can not read UDF CD

From: Pat LaVarre
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 11:23:14 EST

I tried session=0.
This gives me the files form the first session, but I can only list them.
I can not see their attributes ( size, permissions etc.. ) or read them.

This sounds exactly like the known bug, shared by 2.6.6 and 2.6.5, fixed in 2.6.7, described previously as occurring for UDF discs written to Linux from Windows:

ls works, but ls -l does not and cd does not.

other session=x values fails to mount.

The dmesg for session=1 might interest us, but in any case, I vote we try reasonably current code e.g. 2.6.7 or a cvs fetch of UDF.

I put the ISO image and the udf checker outputs on BitTorrent,
the torrent file is avaliable at
http://lizika.pfmb.uni-mb.si/~stein/UDF_image_and_reports.torrent

Excellent, now in theory I can try this myself.

In case you don't have a BitTorrent client, one can be had at
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html
( even a commandline version , written in python )

In practice I am not yet a BitTorrent client, thanks for this clear invitation.

Re: potential bug in udf
... a new bug ...
Upgraded to 2.6.7 - the problem is still there.

I hear 2.6.7 is by now old enough to have begun collecting known bugs.

Pat LaVarre