Consistent complete lock up with 2.6.8-rc2-mm1 and vuescan

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 14:00:27 EST

Hi Andrew, hi Ed!

I have a bit of a problem here: I am scanning with vuescan (latest
version) on linux-2.6.8-rc3-mm1 a lot of images from raw files, i.e.
only data io from the hard disk, no usb etc interferes, and always after
20/30 something images the computer freezes completely. Not even Sysrq
works. Only reset button. Of course, the syslog shows up nothing.

Is there anything you two can think of what could be the reason?

(and no, I have no chance to use serial console, but I doubt it would be
useful)

Best wishes

Norbert