Re: [RFC] Fix Device Power Management States

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 19:47:49 EST

> > Aha, so you are saying these do not need to be done in hardware order?
>
> AFAICT, no.

As stated in my previous mail, I don't agree here... there are
dependencies that cannot be dealt otherwise. USB was an example
(ieee1394 is another), IDE is one, SCSI, i2c, whatever ...

Of course, if we consider those "bus" drivers not to have class
and thus not to be stopped and only the "leaf" devices to get stopped,
that may work... I'm not sure we are not missing something there
though...

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>