Re: Scheduler fairness problem on 2.6 series (Attn: Nick Piggin and others)

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 22:12:06 EST

spaminos-ker@xxxxxxxxx writes:

--- William Lee Irwin III <wli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wakeup bonuses etc. are starving tasks. Could you try Peter Williams'
SPA patches with the do_promotions() function? I suspect these should
pass your tests.

-- wli

I tried the patch-2.6.7-spa_hydra_FULL-v4.0 patch

I only changed the value of /proc/sys/kernel/cpusched/mode to switch between
different patches.

The 2 threads test passes successfuly (improvement over stock 2.6.7) but none
passed the 20 threads test:

Hi

I tried this on the latest staircase patch (7.I) and am not getting any output from your script when tested up to 60 threads on my hardware. Can you try this version of staircase please?

There are 7.I patches against 2.6.8-rc4 and 2.6.8-rc4-mm1

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.8/

Cheers,
Con