Re: Compression algorithm in cloop

From: Lei Yang
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 12:22:35 EST

Great! That certainly should help!

The problem is, how can I put the algorithm in the kernel? Is there a forum or mailing list for this kind of work?

Thanks!
Lei

Luca Barbato wrote:
Lei Yang wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to do some experiment on compression ratios with cloop. I know that currently cloop uses zlib. How can I change it to other algorithms? Where should I start from? Really a newbie to this, appreciate any comments!!

TIA.
Lei

I made a variation from cloop called gcloop it could use any algorithm you can put in the kernel (I use an hack to use ucl right now)

You can find it at dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero/gcloop

I hope it helps.

lu