[2.6.8-rc4] New nfsd-related kernel panic

From: walt
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 18:09:40 EST

The following patch of 09Aug is causing kernel panics:

$bk get -D fs/nfsd/nfsxdr.c
237d236
< int len;
237a237
> unsigned int len;
269d268
< int len;
269a269
> unsigned int len;

I can cause a kernel panic by mounting the remote filesystem
read-only and merely copying a moderately large tarball from it.
(The linux-kernel source tarball, for example.)

The panic occurs every time, after only a second or two at most.
It's so easy to reproduce that I haven't copied down the backtrace,
but I will if no one else can reproduce the problem.

Anyone else seeing this?